Instructions for Uploading CME/SAE Credits
- Log into your Password Protected Portal.
- Click on the “View and/or Enter CME/SAE” button.
Credits you have claimed on the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Learning Portfolio should automatically transfer to the ABOS and will be viewable on the screen. If you do not see credits claimed on the AAOS Learning Portfolio, confirm with the AAOS that those credits have indeed been claimed. Then, confirm with ABOS that we have your correct Academy number.
All other credits must be entered manually and the certificates or transcripts must be scanned and uploaded:
- Select the year that the CMEs were obtained.
- Select the type of CMEs obtained.
- Select the Accredited Provider/Sponsor for the CME being entered from those listed or select Other to enter one not listed.
- Type in the title of the CME course or activity as it is listed on the certificate or transcript.
- Enter the number of credits awarded for this course/activity as shown on the certificate or transcript.
- Click “Save/Upload CME Item” to save the current entry. This will also update the CME credit totals shown.
- You will then need to upload a pdf version of your transcript.