The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) launched its Resident Advisory Panel in 2021. The Resident Advisory Panel’s purpose is to provide resident feedback to the ABOS Graduate Medical Education Committee as well as the ABOS Communications Task Force. The ABOS’s goal is to assemble a group of orthopaedic residents and give that group the opportunity to provide a resident’s perspective to the ABOS, talk with members of the ABOS Board of Directors, and meet other orthopaedic surgery resident leaders.
The 2024 Application will open in January 2024.
Current members of the ABOS Resident Advisory Panel are:
- Justice Achonu, MD, Stony Brook University Hospital
- Steven Greene, MD, University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Christopher Johnson, MD, PhD, University of Chicago
- Michelle Lawson, MD, Oregon Health & Science University
- Mary Kate Skalitzky, MD, University of Iowa
- Joseph Sliepka, MD, University of Washington
- Clay Townsend, MD, Temple University Hospital
- Claire Isabelle Verret, MD, Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell